New Year and Healthier you!
Here are 10 tips to have a healthier 2021.
- COVID-19–Wear a mask, stand 6 feet from each other and use proper handwashing—we are still in a pandemic even with a vaccine please continue to practice safety if you have to go out.
- Eat Healthy—eat fruits, vegetable whole grains lean meats and low-fat dairy.
- Move more sit less—150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity weekly and a couple days of muscle strength activity weekly.
- Rethink your Drink—replace water for sugary or alcoholic drinks to reduce calories.
- Getenough sleep—adults need at least 7 hours of sleep per night.
- Do not use tobacco—quit smoking, it will improve your sense of taste and smell, the cough will disappear and you will have more energy.
- Be sun Safe-wear layered clothes and apply broad-spectrumsunscreen with SPF of 15.
- Brush your teeth—Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Get your check-ups—visit your doctor regularly either in person on telehealth, for preventive services like cancer and diabetic screenings.
- Know your health history—talk with family and doctor about your family’s health history.
Written by LaVella Head