It is a new year and most of us are thinking about what New Year resolution we are going to do this year while trying to find some normalcy within this continuous pandemic. The COVID-19, Delta Variance and the Omicron Variant seems to be here for a while we still need to keep ourselves healthy and keep up with exams and screenings .
Going to the doctor each year for an update is a good way to stay on top of your overall health. The doctor will look at your weight, height, blood sugar levels, blood pressure and cholesterol among other common items. An annual physical can include things like:
• A comprehensive physical exam catered to your age, gender and other risk factors
• EKG to check heart health
• Examination of Respiratory health
• Skin screening to check for dermatological health
• Lab test, including blood count and cholesterol
• BMI—body mass index testing
• Other screening for age and gender appropriate for cancer risk factors.
This regular exam allows the early detection of problems as well as early treatment and cure if needed. By getting the right health services, screenings, and treatments, you are taking steps that help your chances for living a longer, healthier life.
During this time of COVID remember to get vaccinated, wear you mask over your nose and mouth, stay 5 feet away, and avoid crowds with poorly ventilated spaces. If you feel that you have any symptoms of COVID get tested, if positive stay isolated for at least 10 days.
Always consult your physician with any questions of concerns.
Wellness Wisdom by LaVella Head