10 Aug Seasoned Saint – Yvonne (Vonnie) Fisk
Fellowship Bible Baptist Church’s Seasoned Saint for August 2021 is Sister Ola Hill
Our selected “Shipmate began her sail with the “Ship” over 23 years ago. Sister Ola Hill was born February 22nd, 1955, in Houston County, Georgia. She is the mother of two children, two grandchildren, and one Boston Terrier. Her daughter is Shayla NaQuone Hill and son is Spencer Montgomery Hill, Jr. who is married to Lisandre Hill. Her two lovely grandchildren are Spencer Montgomery Hill III “Monty” who is eight years old and Saige Ann-Mae Hill who is five months. Their family pet is Zoey who will soon be nine years old.
Sister Hill – What are your hobbies and interests?
- I love gardening and planting flowers, to see things grow and bloom is amazing. One of my main interests is fashion. I have an eye for pretty clothes and outfits and how pretty they look. Looking good makes you feel good.
Briefly – Tell us about your career and activities.
- My career: I retired from Anchor Glass in 2017 with 37 years in quality control. I have completed volunteer work with Court Appointed Special Advocates® (CASA) of Houston County, Rebuilding Together Program, and I am currently volunteering at Genesis Joy House (homeless shelter for female veterans).
- My activities at Fellowship are: Christian Enrichment, Prayer Ministry, Evangelism Team, and Women of Worth (W.O.W.) Ministry.
How has your career molded you as a person?
- It taught me to serve and to give back to others. Pass the blessings on and continue the work of God’s Kingdom.
What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
- Life will teach you, so pay attention to circumstances. To the best of your ability try and do the right thing. Put God first.
What is your “special” Scripture?
- John 15:7 (KJV) “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.”
Written by Elder Isaiah Whittaker, Sr.