05 May Seasoned Saint Spotlight – Laverne Buckner
Our Senior Saint for May 2019 is a “Career Seasoned” Fellowship Member that I have known for many years. A very brief sketch of her life is portrayed to introduce her to all. These are her responses to my “questionnaire interview”.
When and where were you born?
I was born March 12, 1950, In Macon, Georgia.
Do you have children? If yes, how many and their names.
I have one daughter Brittany D Green and one granddaughter Harley Grace Green to be born soon.
What are your hobbies/interests?
My hobbies and interests are caregiver of the elder, cooking, music, arts & crafts, and advocate of Fort Valley Nursing Home.
Tell us briefly about your career including activities at Fellowship.
- Over 40 years’ experience in Financial Banking,
- Member of Fellowship for over 25 years
- At Fellowship: I was a choir member; taught Sunday school for Kids; volunteered janitorial service for FBBC; served on Pastor’s Aside Committee; Volunteered to assist in the church Office; worked on the Culinarily Team and performed any other duties as needed.
How has your career molded you as a person?
My career contributed to me becoming a more companionate person.
I became able to listen and pray for others.
- I also learned to love myself and to know who I am.
What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
- Really getting to know the lord at an earlier age, having parents who planted the seed, and when I was older it manifested itself, and set my soul on “FIRE”, would not have it any other way.
- With the Lord He lets me love everybody.
How would you like to be remembered?
- I would like to be remembered as a “born-again-Christian” – when you see me, I want you to see Christ.
- Also, as a caring, loving, complainant, giving, servant.
What is “your message” (words of wisdom) to Generations X, Y and Z?
Pull your pants up, respect your elders, treat your mother as your queen, learn something, get your education, and most of all, get your soul right with the LORD, then you will see how everything falls in place “BOOM”!
What is your “special” Scripture?
My favorite Scripture is: Psalm 30:5 (KJV) – For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
My Favorite Quote from Pastor Reid
You cannot worry and serve GOD at the same time
Written by Elder Isaiah Whittaker