03 Sep Seasoned Saint – Sister Tobbie Jefferson
• Sister Jefferson was born on October 23, 1952 in Syracuse, New York. Her spouse is Elder Carroll Richard Jefferson and they will celebrate 30 years of marriage in December.
• Do you have any Children? I have been blessed with a blended-extended family and I am a proud mother of six children: Tasha Jefferson; Tracey Jefferson; Lemar Davey; Terrence Jefferson; Fredrick (Ricky) Davey and Jordan Evora.
• What are your Hobbies? My favorite hobby is travel, travel, and more travel. Our Lord has created a beautiful world and I have plans to tour every state in these United States of America.
• Interests: Volunteering and supporting our community through local projects.
• Brief Summary of my career: I started working at the age of 16 as a long-distance switchboard operator with NY Telephone Company in Syracuse, NY. After high school and college, I joined Eastern Airlines based out of Syracuse, NY and Atlanta, GA. After my divorce, I worked several years as a Case Worker Principal with the Dept of Family and Children Services in Houston County. My life changed when I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior at Fellowship Bible Baptist (FBBC) in 1986. I became a member of the Admin Team and I volunteered with Children’s Church under the leadership of Pastor Willie L. Reid. Working for the Lord as Director and K-5 Instructor at Fellowship Christian Academy (FCA) will always be one of the highlights of my life. When Pastor Reid offered me the positions at FCA, I expressed my concerns not having a degree in education and he replied “didn’t God provide you with a brand-new husband? (I answered yes), then God will supply all your needs to run FCA”. With such wise words from Pastor Reid, I joined the FBBC team. I later worked for Campbell Roofing and TranSouth Motorcoach as their HR Director and created my own travel business in 2012. Currently I am co-owner of a female Black-owned motorcoach company that started in 2014.An additional highlighted position in my life was joining the Board at FBBC and accepting the honor to work as FBBC’s HR Director under our awesome leader Pastor Toland Morgan.
• How have my careers molded me as a person: I tell you, my held positions at FBBC enhanced my belief that God is real, His Word is true, and His love is unconditional. Knowing God has made me to become as truthful and caring as humanly possible, each day.
• Important Lessons I have learned in life: I have learned to sit quietly in His presence daily, waiting for instructions because it is written that He has a plan for me, for you, for us.
• Sister Tobbie would Like to be remembered as the woman who acted justly, who was kind, and walked humbly with God
• Her Message (words of wisdom) to Generation X, Y, and Z: Do not let anyone convince you that his/her path is the only “right” way. God has called each of us to a different path, distinctly designed. Stay in touch with God by turning and trusting Him each day and you will experience the sovereignty of His plan for you.
• Sister Jefferson’s Special Scriptures (1st Peter 2:9) – “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light”.(Colossian 3:23) – “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving”.
Written by Elder Isaiah Whittaker, Sr.