Fellowship Bible Baptist Church’s Seasoned Saint for February 2021 is Sister Jacqueline Farms
Sister Jacqueline Farms was born on 19 October 1965 in Belle Glade Florida and is married to Felton Farms. She describes her family as the “J” Family with two children: Joey and Jasmine plus two granddaughters: Jada and Jocelyn. Looks like some advanced planning took place. I will share her responses to some of interview questions.
- What are your hobbies/interests? Hobbies are shopping, watching my favorite Football Teams: WR Demons, Ga Bulldogs and Atlanta Falcons. I also like to travel and see different places as well as spending time with my family and friends.
- Tell us briefly about your career including activities at Fellowship. I retired from the United States Air Force as a Senior Master Sergeant on 8 March 2009 after serving 23 ½ years of service. After my Military retirement, I began my 2nd career as a Collegiate Information Technology Instructor. I taught at a few Colleges in Middle Ga to include: Middle Ga State University, Wesleyan College and Virginia College where I served as the Program Director of the Network Technician Program. I am currently an Instructor at Central Ga Technical College where I teach ITEC course to students who are pursuing Information Technology degrees. I serve on the Campus Information Technology Advisor Board as well as serving on the Campus Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Team. I am an active member of Sigma Epsilon Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated where I currently serve as the Chapters Technology Chairman. I have been a member of FBBC for almost 29 years. I joined this amazing church November 1992. I am the FBBC Event Planning Team Leader as well as a member of the Hospitality Ministry. I’m also a member of the “Kingdom Women” Christian Enrichment Class
- How would you like to be remembered? I would like to be remembered as a dependable, authentic, focused, trustworthy loving person who had a genuinely interest in people’s success and their well-being. I would also like to be remembered as someone who left a legacy for her children, family, and friends to adopt for their lives
- What is “your message” (words of wisdom) to Generations X,Y and Z? I would like to encourage Generation X, Y and Z to put God first in their lives, keep an encouraging attitude and build strong, lasting relationships with family and friends and to never forget where they came from.
- What is your “special” Scripture? Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Written by Elder Isaiah Whittaker, Sr.