Fellowship Bible Baptist Church’s Seasoned Saint for May 2021 is Brother Morris Gavins
“Shipmate” for Over 20 Years
- When and where were you born? I was born 20 September 1959 in Harlem, New York.
- What is your spouse’s name? My Spouse is Celestine R. Gavins.
- How long have you been married? We have been married for 31 Years.
- Do you have children? If yes, how many and their names. Yes, we have 4 children:
Renee, Rich, Maurice, and Christopher.
- What are your hobbies/interests? Cooking and Sports.
- Tell us briefly about your career including activities at Fellowship. I’ve worked in food
service for over 20 years and at Houston Medical Center for 7 years. At Fellowship, I
served as leader over the Serving team and on the serving team for 4 to 5 years, served
as cook with the Men’s ministry, sings in the Male Choir, and serves as an usher.
- How has your career molded you as a person? Being on the different ministries has
helped me put the needs of others before my own.
- What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life? The most important
lessons I have learned are: life is short, be true to yourself, and love others.
- How would you like to be remembered? I would like to be remembered as: a “God fearing
man” who loved his family and friends.
- What is “your message” (words of wisdom) to Generations X,Y and Z? My message is: respect yourself, respect those in authority over
you, and respect others; and remember that it’s not always about you.
- What is your “special” Scripture? My favorite scriptures: Matthew 22:37-39; He said to him, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart,
with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important command.” The second is like it: Love your neighbor as
Written by Elder Isaiah Whittaker, Sr.