National Men’s Health Week is June 13th – June 19th. Men, here are some tips to help you take care of your health to experience a better quality of life.
1. Get Good Sleep; Aim to get 7-9 hours of sleep a night. Insufficient sleep is associated with a number of chronic diseases.
2. Toss out the Tobacco; Quitting smoking has immediate and long-term benefits.
3. Move more; Adults need at least 2 ½ hours of moderate intensity aerobic activity weekly.
4. Eat Healthy; Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. They have many vitamins and minerals that will help protect you from chronic diseases.
5. Tame Stress; Stress has many negative effects on your body. Try to find ways to reduce the stress in your life like exercise, hobbies, and quality time with family and friends.
6. Stay on top of your game; Pay attention to signs and symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, excessive thirst and urination. Keep track of your blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol, BMI and vaccinations.